ISOtunes TRILOGY™ Foam Eartips are guaranteed to keep you safe on the job while providing you with superior comfort, quality, and sound. Unlike many other eartips for headphones, TRILOGY™ eartips are made of quality PU (Polyurethane) foam and are threaded for better retention to the earbud. This prevents the tips from getting stuck in your ears.
For optimal hearing protection, please ensure that the following has been addressed:
- Your eartips are inserted correctly.
- You are wearing the right sized eartips.
- You are replacing your eartips on a regular basis.
Keep reading for a complete rundown on how to insert your eartips, how often to replace them, and how to select the right size.
How do I insert my eartips?
Properly inserting your eartips guarantees better noise reduction and superior sound quality from your streaming devices. Follow our 6 step guide for properly inserting your eartips:
- Screw a single TRILOGY™ foam eartip onto your ISOtunes earbud.
- With one hand, roll the foam eartip between your index finger and thumb for 5 seconds.
- Continue to squish and compress all sides of the eartip while the opposite hand pulls up on your ear.
- Immediately push the earplug into your ear as far as you can (this should not hurt nor feel uncomfortable).
- Firmly hold the earplug in your ear for 15 seconds, allowing the foam to fully expand in your ear canal.
- Repeat with the second eartip.
If properly inserting your eartips does not deliver optimal noise protection and sound quality, you may be using the wrong size.
How do I know if I’m wearing the right size?
Unlike traditional disposable earplugs, TRILOGY™ Foam Eartips come in a variety of sizes so that you can have a custom, comfortable fit.
Finding the right size can be difficult, which is why we’ve included a starter eartip pack with every purchase. For a majority of ISOtunes products, this includes 4 pairs of TRILOGY™ Foam Eartips in extra small, small, medium, and large, as well as one pair of silicone flange eartips - but how do you know which size to use?
For starters, we recommend trying each pair on and deciding for yourself.
You’ve found the right size when the eartip...
- feels snug but not painful
- blocks the greatest amount of noise
- doesn’t easily fall out of your ear
- and according to our engineer, feels “like it’s tickling your brain”
Eartips vary in diameter or width. You can also size down to an extra small, or ISOtunes TRILOGY™ Short Eartip if you require a shorter plug.*
*ISOtunes FREE true-wireless earbuds come with and require Short TRILOGY™ Foam Eartips for proper fitting and charging.
Now that you know the difference between ISOtunes TRILOGY™ and ISOtunes TRILOGY™ Short Eartips, you may be wondering what the silicone flange eartip is, and why we include it.
What’s the difference between TRILOGY™ eartips and other ISOtunes eartips?
Each pair of ISOtunes come with either double or triple flange silicone eartips. While these do block some noise, these are not tested against ANSI and EN 352 standards, and therefore we can not guarantee optimal noise reduction. Silicone eartips should be used for music streaming only and are included so you can use your ISOtunes in any and all environments. We do not recommend using silicone eartips in loud environments.
How do I clean my eartips?
Your TRILOGY™ foam eartips should be inspected and cleaned on a regular basis to ensure maximum performance and protection. To learn how to properly clean your eartips, check out the video below!
How often should I replace my eartips?
TRILOGY™ Foam Eartips are meant to slowly degrade over time. For optimal hearing protection, replace your eartips every 30-90 days depending on the extent of use.
Before every use, examine your eartips for degradation or deformation. The integrity of the eartips is vital for proper hearing protection. Not only does replacing your eartips ensure optimal hearing protection - it promotes good ear hygiene. Wearing uncleaned and overused eartips can cause bacteria and dirt to enter the ear canal, increasing your risk for infection. That being said, if you notice the eartips are not in optimal condition, you should switch them out for a new pair.
Subscribe and Save
Because replacing your eartips is so important, we’ve implemented a new program to help you make sure you are replacing them on a regular basis. With Subscribe and Save, you’ll receive automatic eartip deliveries at a discounted price. You will have complete control over your subscription with no commitments, obligations, or fees. We’ll always let you know when your next order is being prepared to avoid surprise shipments.
Here’s how to sign up for Subscribe and Save:
- Navigate to the Replacement Parts & Accessories collection and select your eartips.
- Select your eartip size.
- Select “Subscribe and Save” under purchase options.
- Choose your delivery frequency preference.
- Complete your purchase, then check your email for an order confirmation.
- Log in to your ISOtunes account at any time to view shipping information or manage your subscription. Don’t have an account yet? Simply click the “Account” button in the top right corner of our website and make an account with the same email you used to order your eartip subscription.