How do I fit the earbuds into my ears?
ISOtunes® PLUS comes with 1 pair of ISOtunes TRILOGY™ Universal eartips and 3 sets of double flange silicone eartips. The foam eartips have been specifically designed for use with ISOtunes PLUS and are made from a heat-activated memory foam which allows long-term, comfortable wear and enhanced sound performance. The foam eartips provide maximum noise reduction while the silicone eartips are recommended for use in less noisy situations.
Please note: the foam eartips twist onto the posts of each earbud so the eartips securely stay on the device throughout usage.
Getting a snug fit with your ISOtunes PLUS is essential for receiving the benefits of noise isolation. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Start by placing the headphones around the back of your neck, and ensure you have the proper earbuds on each side of your head (right vs. left).
- Grab the right earbud with your right hand and use your left hand to warm up and compress the foam eartip.
- Before inserting the compressed foam eartip into your ear, reach over your head with your left hand and lift the top of your right ear to open your ear canal.
- Then, insert the foam eartip deeply into your ear canal and hold it in place for 5 seconds, or until the foam has fully expanded.
- Finally, press and bend the memory wire behind your ear to get your desired fit, and ensure the earbud is flush with the outside of your ear.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 with the opposite earbud.
How do I clean the eartips?
Clean your ISOtunes TRILOGY™ eartips by gently wiping them with a clean, damp cloth. Use water only. Do not clean tips with alcohol-based cleaning solutions. Let eartips dry completely before next use.
Where can I buy replacement eartips?
ISOtunes eartips can be purchased from us directly here. Please note there are different sizes and colors to choose from. Silicone eartips are not NRR tested and are not recommended for use in noisy environments.
How can I remove the CustomFit ear fins?
ISOtunes® PLUS comes with a pair of CustomFit ear fins preinstalled on each earbud. To remove the ear fins, follow the directions below:
- Remove the eartips from each earbud. TRILOGY™ eartips are threaded and can be removed by twisting the eartip counterclockwise.
- Once the eartip has been removed from the earbud, pull the ear fin off the earbud.
- Place the removed eartip back on the ear stem and twist clockwise until the eartip is firmly attached to the earbud.
I think my product is defective. What should I do?